Frequently Asked Questions
DotNetKicks is an aggregation site for popular content that relates to .NET as a technology.
Anything that is free or open source that the fans of .NET are interested in would more than likely have a place here, with a couple of caveats:
- We are not an outlet for free marketing. If you have products or services that you sell and want to advertise or post that information as a Story on the site, then please contact us about becoming a sponsor.
- Spammers are not tolerated. That even goes for content that relates to .NET, but is clearly judged as a waste of time or of little value by the community moderators. We want to promote top quality content, not just content.
Not if you just want to browse the Stories. You will need to login if you wish to do anything of the following:
- Submit a Story
- Kick or Dropkick a Story
- Leave a Comment
- Increase your Karma Score through your actions
- Earn Medals for various achievements
Your old account still exists and we've still kept all the Stories and Comments you've posted in the past.
Once you login using the new system, you'll be able to claim and link your old account in one of two ways:
- If the email address of your old account happens to match your new account (by email address), they will be linked automatically!
- If the email address of your old account does not match, then you should be able to find your old account in the Users section and filter down on your old username. When you visit that user profile, you can click a button to claim the account as your own and a confirmation email will be sent to the old email address for you to claim the account. NOTE: This functionality has been temporarily disabled due to spammers trying to claim old accounts falsely. We're working on this.
We've decided that polluting the internet with another username and password for you to remember and us to protect isn't in anyone's best interest.
We don't take credit cards or deal in any super secret data, so we may as well allow you to rely on well established providers out there to protect your data and your passwords.